PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Thursday, 19 April 2012

what is happening?/polypockets 2


I've blogged before about my passion for polypockets. Anyway, I arrived at the Melting Pot this afternoon and chose a desk next to someone sorting out documents. I commented that she seemed organised and systematic, at which point she removed something from a polypocket. And then it came to me - the ideal job: being paid to put things in polypockets. Combining my love for these flimsy things with my pleasure derived from order.


During this time, my mind would be free to create new ideas and themes for novels, short stories, life writing. Perhaps after every 30 minutes of polypocket filling, I could have 10 minutes off for creative writing. For job enrichment/expansion I'd also be entrusted to place those filled polypockets in a ring binder, and type up a list of contents.







Hmm....

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment