Another significant decision made in what I loosely describe as my 'mind' is to stop using a pen name for this blog. What ridiculous self-importance, choosing to conceal my identity. True, my first name is Lillias, but everyone knows me as Jane. I am not well enough known - not known at all, in fact - to need another name. So I have spent some time going through all those posts changing 'Lillias' to 'Jane'. Most of the time I was pedalling on my exercise bike, as this was a tedious task.
I have nothing of inspiration to write about this evening. The weather is dreary, and any creative energy I have should be harnessed into a funny story I am rewriting. At least, I hope it will be funny. Those who have already read the original version laughed: at the content, and at the structure: because there wasn't any structure. It was like a pile of furniture without a roof or walls to house it.
All this will change. I am singularly (oops, adverb) determined to get to grips with STRUCTURE.
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment