

It was to be a surprise. And for several days there were mysterious coming and goings and cagey responses to my questions. On 'the day' I was advised to take some warm clothing with me when I went out. It didn't have to be casual, though.

Various possibilities sprang to mind: we'd purchased a run-down shack, somewhere to let rip on our recently purchased music equipment, something to do with animals, though that seemed highly unlikely. Something to do with rubber dinghies, but that would have warranted the wearing of old, comfy clothes.



It was only when I went to visit my aunt in the west end of Edinburgh that I became aware of a police presence, and, being nosy, had to ask what was going on. Bon Jovi was arriving. And then it clicked.


Several hours later we were in the Murrayfield Stadium, seated - fortunately, as it was a rainy evening - high up waiting for the band. It was a brilliant evening. I hadn't even known I liked Bon Jovi's music. Who needs upper body workouts when there's the options to wave arms and clap hands. For people in the mosh pit, especially those close up to the band, the excitement of that proximity hopefully more than compensated for the wet.





Accoustically yours
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment