PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Thursday, 8 October 2015

excess of enthusiasm?




It's just hit me in the face, perhaps I should be more overtly enthusiastic.  This insight came to me while trawling through a list of potential reviewers for my novels. Ten minutes into focusing on who might be an appropriate person to approach, trying not to waste time by reading comments about a lovely handbag or potato peeler,  I stumbled upon an amazing, awesome review of a .... comb.  Here is an extract:

'OMG'' I Truly LOVE This Brazilian Sandalwood Comb. it's a 7.8x2 Wide Tooth Comb, That feels so Great Through your Hair. it also has this Amazing Aromatic Smell. This Comb will last a LIFE TIME. I Just LOVE The time that was put into making this Comb. I've NEVER owned a wooding comb before , Always a Plastic Comb. so I am so Amazed with owning a wooding comb. And not only a wooding comb, but a Brazilian Sandalwood Comb.  


And another extract:


'I’m in total despair. Why? I can’t believe I missed this awesome game for so long! I recently just got my very own PS Vita and was looking for new games to buy. And I kept bypassing this game because of the title and the cover. I assume it was a rhythm game and I definitely was wrong...'









Okay, so these reviews were written by American.  And I am Scottish with its culture of not gushing.  Perhaps, though, I should be walking differently, waving my arms more, smiling, laughing, publicly waxing lyrical about autumnal colours etc. etc.  Worth further consideration.


 Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment