PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

the benefits of doing it wrong...

Of course, you don't always know you are doing it wrong.  If you're lucky, people will tell you, probably at the stage when you are finished, pleased with your product and anticipating glowing feedback.  

At this point you may be able to correct some of the mistakes but not change the product in its entirity.  I refer to the book trailer my partner and I made for my debut novel,

I've blogged before about this (see my posts: June 2, consequences of a good deed, and July 18, the creative part of promotion), but to summarise, a film company has made - without charge -  a professional book trailer.  As well as the learning of what we didn't do correctly in our video, if we hadn't made it, I doubt the company would have got in touch to offer their services.

Thanks for Karolina Mazur and Kris Kubrick of Golden Oriole Film, and to Matt Carroll who composed the soundtrack.

To view the trailer, click on:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/jane_riddell/9706536287/ 


Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment