In my efforts to network - something which doesn't come easily - I've recently taken to issuing trillions of invitations to people in the writing business to link in with me (see post of May 311: learning curve or vertical climb?). Reservations aside, I am stumbling across so many people who lead interesting 'writing' lives, and finding myself wanting to interview them, and not always in the hope that they'll interview me back.
Is this the easy way out for a blogger, I wonder? Certainly, to publish an interview avoids the temptation to have yet another moan about the difficulties of promoting my work. Or to write about something trivial which happened, in the process attempting to give this some deeper significance. Perhaps my writing energy at the moment must be confined to the final stages of editing my current book. Certainly, I seem to be making heavy weather of it.
Okay, I've talked myself into thinking that, for the moment, I should continue publishing interviews. Phew! Watch this space for the next one... and the next.
Jane





No comments:
Post a Comment