PAPILLON
WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR
Saturday, 28 April 2012
slippery fingers
OMG - it's happened. I suppose it was only a matter of time. Today, half awake, looking at LinkedIn, I ended up sending 541 invitations to people to connect with me. This was traumatising. I'm not so bothered about my messages reaching those who have tested my eyes, received an entry for a writing competition or updated me on the jellyfish situation at a surfing beach. I am more concerned about unsolicited communication to former disappointing line managers or unprofessional tutors. I spent a miserable twenty minutes - subjecting myself to repetitive strain injury of that same finger - in an attempt to manually withdraw each and every one of those invitations. I have no idea if I've been successful. I have also created an automatic reply on gmail apologising for my actions. I suppose that was unnecessary. Those who would like to be connected with me - even if there was mutual dislike in a past life - will, those who wouldn't won't. Even so....
This tale carries a moral: DO NOT GO ON TO LINKEDIN UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY ALERT AND IN CONTROL OF YOUR HANDS.
Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment