PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Thursday, 16 February 2012

yodelayee

Well, it's still Switzerland, where I ski, eat, sleep and ski. And take photos. And occasionally have embarrassing falls by the chairlift, meaning that I can't return to that run until the chair attendant has forgotten who I am. At such times, I wish I'd opted for a bland charcoal ski jacket instead of the gorgeous cherry coloured but more memorable one which was reduced by 50% in Mountain Warehouse last month.

It was one of those days where the weather was all over the place: literally, metaphorically. It just couldn't make up its mind. Sunny spells, drifting cloud. Good visibility, poor visibility. The only predictable thing was that lunch would be expensive.

Have actually done some editing this evening. This feels good: hard work but good.

More photos, but you don't need to look at them.

The first two were taken within five minutes of each other this morning, as I waited for the train to take me to the ski slopes.











And this is how the rest of the day panned out.













Exhaustedly yours

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment