1. automated phone lines where it's virtually impossible to speak to a real person and none of the options are relevant. It's possible to age thirty years before you realise you should accept you'll get nowhere.

Though I have to admit that the NHS helpline I phoned the other night was surprisingly quick and efficient, giving me the info I needed very clearly.
2. waiting to be served by someone at a mobile phone shop. When the screen informs you the average waiting time for the service you require is 10 minutes, multiply this by 4, to find out how long you'll really have to wait. Ideally, you should take enough wool to knit a jumper, or perhaps give your name to the person who greets you, and go off for a two week holiday. The chances are you won't be called before you return.
3. setting up a website with the same shade of background colour for each textbox on each page.
These are my current gripes. However, my restored faith in society from hearing that Fred Goodwin has had his knighthood revoked has partially compensated for the above-mentioned frustrations. Provided, of course, that I don't think about the obscenely large pension he is receiving.
Optimistically yours
Jane
Now, I hope the colours used for your text boxes and overall style palette will compliment the tones of your purple quill feather!
ReplyDeleteAll the best
C
Thanks, Charlotte. Am actually using a different website builder now - current one is only temporary. Hopefully at the end of this I will have become more IT literate, but maybe not....
Delete