PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Friday, 7 October 2011

mad

I have just been on eBay to bid for a Sarah Arizona long black, floral skirt, several sizes too small, albeit seduced by the description of the waist band as being 'expanding'.


I attribute such madness to two things: firstly, the friend who'd phoned me an hour before, in the course of a protracted conversation telling me about her shopaholic mother who spends a considerable part of her day watching shopping channels on telly then phoning up to order stuff she doesn't need.








Secondly, while I was trawling through BING images looking for a cheerful picture of a skirt to illustrate the story from a friend whose skirt fell off one day (in public), which I blogged about earlier this evening, I stumbled upon Sarah Arizona skirts, one of which looked rather pretty...

With any luck, I will forget to increase my bid or I will be outbid and I won't acquire my lovely new skirt, several sizes too small. A more creative way of regarding this situation, might be to make sure I do win the auction, then I can hang this beautiful new skirt on the wardrobe door, right next to my exercise bike, and continue to pedal until I've lost another fifty stone.


What is it about we women - can I generalise here? - that we buy things we know are too small for us?

And I meant to do some solid editing this evening...

I think it's time I went to bed.

Sickeningly yours

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment