My ever-lengthening 'to do' list included finding somewhere to write two days per week. This was proving difficult until I heard of The Melting Pot. I went along this morning for a trial run, and ended up filling in a form enabling me to access a 50 hour/month package.
I was so impressed by the Melting Pot I knew immediately I would blog about it. It is a social enterprise, describing itself as providing "affordable, shared, serviced office space in the heart of Edinburgh for social innovators, ethical businesses, charities and others who are working for more than profit.' Its 'eco-funky' office also offers internet access, phone lines, printing, stationery etc, meeting rooms, kitchen. Workers can eat lunch together, network. A bulletin about its members and events goes out to 3000 people every few months. So there may be opportunities for doing some paid work.
Many people choose to rent space there to avoid the isolation of being home-based. This is what prompted me to look for somewhere. Plus it's protected time. No distractions apart from talking to members. And, the yoghurt on the curry, having told some friends I'd benefit from attending a laughter workshop, the Melting Pot is organising such an event next week. Sychronous or what?
The Melting Point
Now I have my unbitty two days to write, though, I won't mind running around the rest of the week in the hope of ticking off more items.
Happily yours
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment