PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Thursday, 8 April 2010

distraction therapy


Is blogging something I'll do when I'm fed up with other things, such as essays for university? Yep. Given the choice of writing about literary theorists or writing about me, obviously the latter is more appealing, if self-indulgent and egocentric. No need to search for the precise verb, to devise sound arguments and lucid sentences. No word counts or referencing required either.

Is blogging yet another computer-linked activity which is easier than preparing for bed? Yep. All I have to do is tap the keys, infinitely less exhausting than cleansing, toning, exfoliating, masking, moisturising, teeth brushing, washing, waxing. No, I don't do all these every night, but I'd look considerably better if I did. The temptation to crawl under the duvet fully clothed and fall asleep to dream of Bakhtin or Wimsatt and Beardsley, is overwhelming...

There's something about the air in Skye...

Sleepily yours,


Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment