I visited this blog today, the first time for almost a year, with the intention of announcing that I wasn't writing it any more. Then - predictably I suppose - I started reading my most recent entries. And then I reconsidered closing it down. For several years, the number of posts has continued to dwindle, being caught up with other things. I now spend inordinate amounts of time on Twitter, mainly retweeting beautiful photographs. I spend even more ridiculous amounts of time on Facebook tracking down people I've lost touch with....
Twitter, updating my author's website, approaching people for reviews of my four books, online shopping, just too easy, unfortunately, oh, and yes, writing and editing, and checking emails far too often...Life is good, busy, productive - apart from trying to lose weight, my longest work-in-progress. I am lucky, but I don't take it for granted.
My path is smoother and better signposted than it's ever been. May I feel I deserve it? And long may it last.
It may be another year before I visit, but it's good to have been back.
Jane

No comments:
Post a Comment