I have. Assignment: look after two 10 year old indoor cats, Toby and Moustique, in an apartment in Gland, on the north side of Lake Geneva, approximately half way between Geneva and Lausanne. Feed and water them, attend to their litter tray twice a day, snuggle up to them on the sofa in the evenings, let them sleep under the bed. Water house plants every 3-4 days, water plants on the balcony every evening. Such are my tasks. Hardly onerous.
Of the two cats, Toby is bolder, more curious. Moustique has only just emerged from under the bed, 21 hours after my arrival. She took one look at me and darted off. I didn't think I looked that bad in my sarong and sandals...
Gland, itself, is nothing special, according to the house owners, but it does have access to beautiful places, some reached by train, some by ferry. I haven't planned a timetable yet but the days will fly past. When my partner arrives next week with hired car, we will venture into the mountains.
In the evening, between watching the telly and having a love-in with the cats, I will write and promote my work. I won't eat too much. I will drink a lot of water.
Jane

No comments:
Post a Comment