PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Sunday, 16 February 2014

a writer's relief






I've now entered a post-productive procrastination phase.  (See post of 30th January -  productive procrastination).  I don't renege on what I wrote about, it's just that I've moved on.  People say that if you're struggling to write, you should open up the computer and see what happens.  Even if you only write for 10 minutes, even if the content is garbage.  One day I got fed up with procrastinating-  productive or not-  and made myself sit down to tackle my novel, working on it for several hours.  It felt good, like a homecoming.



Two days later I asked the MOTH (man of the house, long-suffering partner and severest if most supportive critic) to read my revised chapter and comment honestly.  His opinion was that it was a big improvement, looser, more atmospheric.  This was all the encouragement I needed.  I'm not exactly spending every waking moment on it but there is a sense of looking forward to the next session of writing.  Finally....

Jane







No comments:

Post a Comment