PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

oh no....

Of course there's a downside to finishing something. You have no excuse for not doing the things you'd been putting off doing because you were finishing that something.

I will have to write to the inland revenue. Clean the bathroom. Quadruple my efforts to become slim - weight gain and writing seem inseparable.















I must make a dental appointment, sort out cratefuls of stuff, research low calorie cat food. I need to defrost the freeezer and think of new dinner menus. And there's the avocado plant waiting to be de-bugged. Most of those tasks are self-imposed. No-one else is demanding I become a domestic goddess. The family gave up on that dream long ago.




As for getting to bed at a reasonable hour, there'll be no excuse not to. Though I suspect I'll be tempted to sit up blogging in a self-centred, self-absorbed, self-indulgent manner until I become aware no-one is reading me any more. Hmm....

Despondently yours

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment