PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Monday, 12 March 2012

blame the bath plug


Do you know that familiar feeling of drowsiness in the bath late at night? The second when you accept you will succumb, fall asleep in the soapy, cooling down water.

Must speak to the man of the house, I tell myself every night, as I extend my foot to the chain, before realising it's become detached from the plug. And thus I give in, and an hour passes before I wake to find I'm not tucked up in bed. The hours lost are incalculable. Of course, it could be argued that these are valuable sleeping time. I suspect not.

Weeks pass: conferences are attended, plants repotted, prelims sat; wooden floors cleaned and revarnished, coughs and stomach bugs ridden out; Kushi's takeaways consumed; exercise bikes pedalled, novels edited. And still the bath plug remains detached from its chain. And I remain in the bath, far beyond the point of cleanliness.























It's ridiculous, I know. All that's required in terms of additional effort is to sit up, reach forward and remove the plug, the water will disappear and I'll get out, dry myself and creep into bed. Somehow it's beyond me...




Wimpily yours

Jane

1 comment:

  1. You need a better bathtub plug! I made a site that reviews bathtub plugs after having so much trouble trying to find a suitable plug for my bath. I love long baths too :-)

    Check out my site - www.bathtubplugs.com

    ReplyDelete