


Perhaps I should grade my blogs: rubbish (read only if you've nothing else to do), frothy (read if you've only a few things to do), serious ( read if the topic matter interests you), weighty ( read only if you're so buoyant nothing will depress you).
We need to redefine the term 'warm up' as I discovered - yet again, (see post of Oct. 27, rejuvenating) at my Zumba class. Our usual teacher has 'flu and is therefore being replaced by various others. I tend to blog about Zumba classes when I have nothing trivial to moan about, or my current thoughts about the writing process are so incoherent they have little chance of being articulated or I have no health issues buzzing round in my head.
If last week's class was like being yanked out of the playpen and dumped in S1, today's was the educational equivalent of a PhD viva, led by a gutsy West coast teacher who must burn up trillions of calories just talking. The music wasn't so much to my taste so I did less smiling, and because the room was hot after a Bodypump class, it was impossible to know if the perspiration I produced was due to room temperature or adequate exertion. Oh well....

Afterwards, I was presented with an unexpected dilemma. While rushing to the Melting Pot to write - after above mentioned Zumba class - I was stopped by a researcher and asked if I eat chocolate. Quel question! She had a survey, which, on further questioning, would take about 15 minutes and for which I'd be awarded a £5 voucher - presumably to spend on chocolate. What a decision to have to make.


I declined, partly because I wanted to get on with writing, partly because the last thing I need is more encouragement to eat chocolate. I tried to work out how many calories were likely to be found in £5 worth of chocolate. I gave up, already wondering if I'd made the right decision in forgoing the opportunity to partake in something so close to my heart, as well as my stomach.
Two positive things happened today. I'd conveyed some negative feedback about holiday accommodation we recently rented, to which I received a positive response, the owner keen to know how the apartment could be improved and offering a 15% rebate. It was good to actually feel HEARD. The second one was finding out that my skirt ( bid for on an eBay auction: see post of October 27: trivia) hasn't actually gone missing in the post, which I'd feared. Our kittens apparently chewed up the form left by the postie saying he'd tried to deliver it.


Such small things improve the quality of my life....
Acceptingly yours
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment