PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Thursday, 2 December 2010

wellies - so definitely us

















You might think that with such snowy weather, manufacturers would have identified a gap in the market, namely in the production of wellies. Actually, judging by the variety around, wellies are very much in. Since noticing the leopard skin-patterned ones at lunch time, I've been checking them out.

Gone are the days when the choice was black, or if you happened to be affiliated to the landed gentry or fished, or even seriously gardened, you might possess a pair in khaki green.

No, today wellies are fun, trendy, a fashion statement. My favourite ones of the assortment shown are the Liquorice Allsorts. If the wintry weather continues, perhaps I should order a custom-made pair, featuring - of course - chocolate.

Anyone want to get wellied?

Quirkily yours

Jane

3 comments:

  1. I have no wellies. Well, I do, but I left them in the Highlands. Not much use there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I am so sorry... Is there anything, anything at all, I can do to help? Or will you just stay indoors until the snow melts, reading and writing copiously?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no better excuse. Plus, I like stomping through the slush (for now) and most of the roads have no cars on them so it's a pedestrian's playground.

    ReplyDelete