

I always knew I had it in me, it was just waiting for the right moment and that moment arrived this evening - like a chrysalis changing into beautiful butterfly - as I added Lenor to our washing machine, thus ensuring the family wash would not only be clean but would smell wonderful. I left the kitchen, flushed with womanliness, convinced that from now on my head would be consumed with thoughts of window cleaner and furniture polishing products, thus ensuring any domestic endeavours would attain new heights of competence.

The catalyst for change appeared in Devon as each night after a mammoth session of bodyboarding I sank into scented sheets and pillowcases. At the top of my list of 'to do' things as we packed up to leave our rented house, was a note for the cleaner asking her for the name of the lingering heavenly smell on the bedwear. As I was rummaging around for an envelope and stamp, the good woman rang the doorbell and was immediately able to name the product.
No more will I be a domestic slob, the sort who only resorts to housework before infrequent guests arrive for dinner and who cringes with shame should anyone dare to call by uninvited. I shall take infinite pleasure in dusting and vacuuming. And this time it will last longer than my springtime effort (May 29 post - And a jolly time was had).
No longer true

Superiorly yours
Jane
No comments:
Post a Comment