PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Thursday, 27 May 2010

metaphors r us





Today I had a wall to scale. There were devils willing me to back off the challenge, and supporters at the top cheering me on. There was one special supporter by my side, ready to guide me if I missed a foothole, if adversaries tugged me down or severed the ropes. I was as prepared as I could be for the wall and I reached the top.


















There is no moral to this tale. No learning except that life isn't always fair and it's important to hold on to your self-belief in difficult times, important not to let nasty people drag you down. Much has been written about core beliefs. These are:

I am lovable, I am equal, I am capable, I am powerful, I am valuable.

The suggestion is that we use these as daily affirmations until we believe them. If we can't manage this, we could try a staged approach: I am willing to believe I am lovable, etc.

And I know I've broken the promise I made last weekend to blog more frothily. Perhaps this will yet happen.

Circumspectively yours


Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment