PAPILLON

WELCOME TO PAPILLON, THE INCONSEQUENTIAL RUMINATIONS OF A WRITER AND EDITOR

Wednesday, 31 March 2010

so as you know





Trying to shake off the feeling that as a potentially world-renowned blogger, there'll be an expectation that every entry will deliver at least one soupçon of wisdom, some erudite thought that will inspire readers. This won't happen.

I woke at 11.30, having been up around fivish setting up this blog. That's the trouble with working during the night. It's so easy to convince yourself that you've gained time. Whereas the reality - I think - is that for every hour you've been at your computer when those around you are sleeping, you sleep in for an additional two hours the following morning.

I have no funny thoughts to share, I'm afraid. The leak in our bathroom from the flat above has started up again, my ribcage is even sorer than it was yesterday ( from incident at beach), it's snowing ... just, but not the sort of snowflakes I love, the old-fashioned thick ones which you see on black and white movies, and I'd prefer to go back to bed and read, but must get on with particularly boring domestic chores, and, of course, study.

After opening this blog I discovered there's another JaneLilly - should have researched this. So my next computer-type task is to try to change my blogger's name to 'Lillias', my first name and one which until recently I've always felt embarrassed by. And I know that good writers don't end their sentences with prepositions.

devotedly
Lillias, formerly ( for one glorious blog) known as JaneLilly

No comments:

Post a Comment